Sunday, December 25, 2011

Othersminded

Millions of people today are gathering together in homes, in churches, in shelters, etc all to celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus. If you're like me you cherrish these moments. It's a time where family and friends come together to catch up, and to spend time enjoying eachothers presence while sharing a meal together.

Well this Christmas I find myself among the category of a different group. I'm one of the millions spending Christmas alone. I'm not sad about this it's just opened my eyes to see that there are many people who are isolated while millions of others are enjoying the fellowship of their loved ones.

I want to encourage you during these seasons to be othersminded. You don't have to stop your traditions of spending this time with your family and friends. But how hard would it be to invite someone who's alone, someone with no one to spend Christmas with, over to enjoy this time with you? Just think of the impact that could have on a life that is so precious to the Lord that He came to earth to redeem.

This year let's truly be the hands and feet of Christ and really show others, even our family and friends what the true meaning of Christmas is about.

Merry Christmas everybody, and God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment