Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Living for Christ

Paul said in Philippians 1:21-24,"For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don’t know which is better. I’m torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live."

This is a very bold thing Paul has said and he says it with confidence. After reading this I am disturbed that I do not see many people with this type of bold confidence. And to tell you the truth I don't see a whole lot of people living to do fruitful work for Christ. This is not condemnation this is an awakening! So many people go to a building called a church and leave feeling like they did their good deed for the Lord, then till next Sunday nothing was done for Christ. Right here I want to pause and give the Lord praise for He is patient and He is merciful with us. Now, these same people are the ones who are afraid to die or have trouble coping when their loved ones die. To them heaven is not real, hell is not real, life after death is not real. But why? Because their relationship with the Lord is non-existent. The promises of God are not real to them (good or bad). They live with a veil over their heads that distort their view of the truth. This veil can only be removed by having faith in God and entering into a relationship with Him through Jesus Christ.

It is amazing to me how someone can go to church every weekend or every so often, and yet live a life believing in the lies of the world rather than the reality of God's word. These people can be compared to the heathens in the book of Isaiah when he says they cut down a tree and use half of the tree for fuel to cook their food and the other half to carve an image and worship it. It is foolish. These same people believe and invest much of their lives to go to a building every weekend and sit through countless hours of sermons, but there is no fruit because there is no relationship! Without relationship there is no salvation! I repeat without relationship there is no salvation! Not one time between Sundays was their Bibles ever opened. Not once was the name of Jesus ever mentioned to anyone. Why do people continue to live a life of vain. What scares the living daylights out of me is the day they try and enter the gates of heaven, and the look on their faces when they hear those words, "Depart from me you who do works of iniquity, I never knew you!"

I challenge each and everyone of you who claim the Lord Jesus as your savior this week to talk to 3 people about what He has done for you. If you find this task to be difficult, I encourage you to look inside and ask yourself, is Jesus really the Lord of my life? Or are there areas in my life that I have neglected to surrender to Him? Jesus said to go into all the world and preach the good news! He was talking to you and me! This, "I don't want to offend anyone" attitude must stop! Us not obeying Jesus is offending Jesus! So who would you rather not offend?

Father, I thank you for your truth that was typed here today, and it is my prayer that these words fall on good ground that will produce a harvest of 30, 60, AND 100 fold in return. Cover us with your grace and direct our steps by your Holy Spirit as we live our lives with the intent of producing much fruit for Christ. In Jesus' name Amen!

God bless you all,

Eric R. Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment