Friday, September 10, 2010

Let The Fire Burn!

I have said this many times before but I am going to say it again, every day I become more and more convinced that what I believe is really real! These days we are living in are like pages right out of the Bible.

2 Timothy 3:1-7

You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times. 2 For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred. 3 They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good. 4 They will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and love pleasure rather than God. 5 They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. Stay away from people like that! 6 They are the kind who work their way into people’s homes and win the confidence of vulnerable women who are burdened with the guilt of sin and controlled by various desires. 7 (Such women are forever following new teachings, but they are never able to understand the truth.)

For the born again Christian there are no worries, but is that true? Today I watched a video of a Muslim girl get stoned to death who refused to marry an older man that her father had arranged. (The actual video, in modern day time) Men had their cell phones out filming this young women get beat to death literally. My heart sank in my gut and I immediately started weeping in my spirit. For a brief moment I believe I felt as Jesus did as He weeped with Marry and Martha over Lazarus' death. I felt the Holy Spirit begin to minister to me that these types of chaotic persecutions will become more and more common in the coming days ahead and that we as believers of Jesus Christ need to develop strong faith to keep us grounded firm in Christ. The enemy knows his time is short and now these types of persecutions will begin to be inflicted on the Church in a last ditch effort to get people to turn away from God’s plan of salvation through His one and only begotten Son, Jesus Christ of Nazareth. This ultimately got me to ask this question toward myself. Is my faith going to be strong enough to withstand the fires of oppression the enemy throws at me? I'm not talking about troubles with finances or marriage problems, I'm talking about full fledged persecution, crucifixion, torture, and slow death brought about because I believe in Jesus as my Lord and Savior. Is my faith in God and in His redemptive plan stronger than these afflictions of the enemy? After pondering about this a while my answer is yes, but am I willing to settle where I'm at in my faith, or am I going to continue to press into God's Word and drive my roots further into God's presence? What are your answers to these questions? God has laid a burden on my heart to see that everyone is equipped with the Truth of His Word, which is life to the believer (Proverbs 4:22). In Isaiah 43, God promises us that He will be there when we go through these troubling times.

Isaiah 43:1-3

“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
I have called you by name; you are mine.
2 When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.
3 For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

Do you believe this? The truth is we are children of the most high God and we have a glorious inheritance. It was bought and paid for by the most precious substance ever known in Heaven or earth. It bankrupted Heaven, but it has redeemed the weight of the world’s sins, every last one of them. And it’s a gift to those who will believe and receive it. It’s the blood of a man named Jesus. And now because of that Blood all we as believers have to do is resist the enemy and He must flee! Draw near to God by laying out God's Word before you, read it, and build your life on it. Be consumed by God's presence! Trust in His promises such as Psalm 91. Stand up and declare it over your life and your family's life.

I am on a mission to spread the Fire John the Baptist was talking about in Luke 3:16 when he said:

“I baptize you with water; but someone is coming soon who is greater than I am—so much greater that I’m not even worthy to be his slave and untie the straps of his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

The same Fire Jesus was talking about in Luke 12:49.

“I have come to set the world on fire, and I wish it were already burning!”

In these last days Paul said there will be perilous times (II Tim 3:1) and on our own strength we cannot endure the enemies attacks. We have got to equip ourselves with all of God’s armor and exercise the gifts of the Spirit. Never stop praying for this will be our greatest weapon coupled with the Word of God. My goal is to strengthen the faith of the brethren for the glory of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment